We're thrilled to announce the release of the second edition of The Basic Cozy Essay Course, complete with all-new additional videos filmed in London, England.
In the free excerpt from Lesson 1 below, Marie answers the question What is an Essay?, gives an overview of the basic essay format she's going to teach, and shares some handy advice for how to get started writing an essay.
What's New About the Second Edition
Ever since it first came out, Marie's Basic Cozy Essay Course has been one of our most popular courses.
In this second edition for digital streaming online, we're pleased to announce the following new features:
- All of Marie’s videos have been optimized for viewing on every kind of device, from desktop and laptop computers to the latest tablets and smartphones.
- Each lesson now includes a corresponding new video in which I share additional tips, essays, and suggestions. With these new videos, the video content for the course has more than doubled.
- In addition to the sample research essay and sample expository essay that Marie walks you through in her videos, I now walk you through a sample persuasive essay and a sample personal narrative essay in the additional videos.
- In the new sample persuasive essay, I take you on a walking tour of London as I answer the question, “Why is London one of the best places in the world to talk about writing essays?”
- The new sample personal narrative essay features an exploration of how J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series has inspired many other kinds of creativity and includes a backstage visit to Leavesden Studios where the Harry Potter movies were filmed.
- The course study notes have been fully updated and expanded and are available as printable PDFs, specially formatted to save paper.
- Formatted versions of all the sample essays from both the video lessons and the study notes are also available for download—a total of 18 essays.
- Every subscription includes up to 4 additional family sub-accounts, each with their own course tracking and personalized certificate.
A Special Tip from Trafalgar Square
As Marie says in the excerpt from Lesson 1, one of the first steps to writing an essay is deciding on a topic or theme.
Here's a special tip of my own about discovering a topic that you'll be excited to write about, filmed in London's Trafalgar Square.
Take a peek at our second free excerpt below!
Inspired by J. K. Rowling in London
Let me finish by giving an example of how I used a question to help me put together our sample personal narrative essay.
For this essay, I wanted to write something about J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. Clearly, that's a very large topic!
So to make the task more manageable, I thought up a question that I wanted to answer:
How has J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series inspired other forms of creativity?
The answer to that question is the sample essay that I put together in Lesson 4 of the new version of The Basic Cozy Essay Course.
Writing the essay took me to Leavesden Studios, where they filmed the movie versions of the books and where I got to meet Buckbeak.
I hope you'll join me and Marie for the new edition of The Basic Cozy Essay Course.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible.
Thank you for joining us this month. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!
Marie's Language Consultant
The Cozy Grammar Series of Courses