Free Online Q & A with Thomas
With so many of us now learning from home, have you found yourself needing to explain grammar to your kids and feeling uncertain what to say? Do you have questions about learning language in ways that inspire creativity and confidence?
Join our Cozy Language Consultant Thomas in his writing yurt to ask all of your questions about grammar, punctuation, spelling, or writing.
Thomas has more than two decades of experience teaching internationally and has received acclaim and awards for his inspirational way of approaching language.
During the months of May and June, we’re offering these sessions for free. Here are examples of recent questions that Thomas has answered:
- How can we grow our children’s writing habits?
- When do we use “affect” and when do we use “effect”?
- Can we begin a sentence with the words “and” or “but”?
- Why are commas so confusing? How do we get started using them?
The free call meets on Zoom and lasts for 30 minutes. You can connect via your computer or even just your home phone.
You can learn more in this video:
May 27, 2020 at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
June 10, 2020 at 8:30pm Pacific
Here’s what the call will look like:
- Thomas will be available 10 minutes before the official starting time if you’d like to meet him informally. Simply sign in beforehand.
- Thomas will begin by answering the questions people submitted when they registered. Generally he spends between 5 to 8 minutes answering each question.
- Toward the end of the call, Thomas may take additional questions if time permits. He’s always happy to clarify points and sometimes stays on a little longer to do so.
- The best way to ensure that Thomas answers your question is to register and submit your question early.
If you have to leave during the call or can’t make the call live, don’t worry! We'll make recordings of each answer and post the videos to our website, YouTube channel, and Facbeook page within a week.
Here are all the videos so far. Click on each question to watch the answer from Thomas. To return to this page, simply click outside the video screen again.
Ask Cozy Grammar Video Archive
How to Join the Learning Get-Together
After you register, we'll send complete instructions for joining the learning get-together.
We've also put together a helpful guide in case this is your first time joining an online video call.